SDC is the theatrical union that unites, empowers, and protects professional Stage Directors and Choreographers throughout the United States. Our mission is to foster a national community of professional stage Directors and Choreographers by protecting the rights, health and livelihoods of all our Members; to facilitate the exchange of ideas, information and opportunities, while educating the current and future generations about the role of Directors and Choreographers; and to provide effective administrative, negotiating and contractual support.
SDC has jurisdiction over the employment of Directors and Choreographers working in the following areas:
- Broadway and National tours
- Association of Non-Profit Theatre Companies, New York City (ANTC)
- Resident Theatre/League of Resident Theatres (LORT)
- Resident Summer Stock Companies/Council of Resident Stock Theatres (CORST/TSS)
- Dinner Theatre/Dinner Theatre Agreement (DTA)
- Regional Musical Theatre (RMT)
- Outdoor Musical Stock (OMS)
SDC also provides Tier, Regional Commercial, and Special contracts to protect Members who wish to work for theatres not covered or referenced in one of the above mentioned Collectively Bargained Agreements.
Visit Contracts to learn more.